About this site
This is site is owned and maintained by the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority (EECA).
Material featured on this site is subject to Crown copyright protection unless otherwise indicated. The Crown copyright protected material may be reproduced free of charge for personal use without requiring specific permission. This is subject to the material being reproduced accurately and not being used in a misleading context. Requests and enquiries concerning the reproduction of information on this website for any purpose other than personal use, or the use of scripts or codes, requires permission from the Communications Team at EECA, National Office.
The permission to reproduce Crown copyright protected material does not extend to any material on this site that is identified as being the copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.
You may browse and access information contained within this website without providing any personal information. Where you voluntarily provide personal information (e.g. through online forms or email requests), we will only use that information for the purpose for which it was intended and to communicate with you.
We will keep any such information secure and will not disclose it to any third parties. To view any personal information held by us, or if you have any concerns about personal information that we hold and wish to request its correction, you can email us or write to us.
Like most websites, we collect statistical information about your visit to help us improve our website. This information is used for no other purpose and all users are anonymous and not personally identifiable. We collect information on:
- IP addresses
- search terms
- pages accessed and links clicked
- dates and times of visits
- the immediate previous site visited
- operating systems (eg Windows, Mac)
- web browsers
The information provided on this website is intended to provide general information to the public and all reasonable measures have been taken to ensure that the information set out in this website is accurate. However, visitors to this website are advised that:
- The information provided does not replace or alter the laws of New Zealand or any other official guidelines or requirements.
- The contents of this website should not be construed as legal advice. Before relying on any information in this website users should independently verify its relevance for their purposes.
- The Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority may change, delete, add to, or otherwise amend information contained on this website without notice.
- The Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority is not responsible for the contents or reliability of any linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Linking is for convenience only and should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. The Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and has no control over availability of the linked pages.
- The Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority does not implicitly or impliedly endorse any website, organisation, or people who have off-site links to the EECA's website.
The Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority is committed to delivering first class services. If you think we are not meeting this standard we would like to hear from you so we can put right your complaint and to improve our services.
How to ask a question or make a complaint
You can telephone, email or write to us.
Please tell us:
- Your name
- Your address and contact details
- Details about the complaint
We ask for your contact details so we can respond directly to you. However if you wish to make a complaint anonymously it will be treated with the same level of importance.
How long will it take?
We will endeavour to answer your question or complaint immediately. If we need to work with others to resolve your complaint it may take longer. You will always be advised in writing when your complaint has been received.
All questions and complaints are taken seriously and handled with immediate priority. We will ensure you are treated with respect and in a professional manner.
See the contact us page.