Compressed air is essential for many business processes. Compressors typically convert only 15% of electrical energy to compressed air energy, with the other 85% converted to heat. So it's vital to ensure all compressed air is used productively.
EECA's 'improving the energy efficiency of compressed air systems' technical guide outlines the steps businesses can take to improve the energy efficiency of compressed air systems.
Compressed air energy audits for larger systems
If your business has a complex compressed air system, EECA recommends engaging an EECA approved Programme Partner to assist you.
Part-funding is provided for compressed air audits conducted by approved EECA programme partners, according to audit standards and guidelines specified by EECA.
Find out more about energy audits here.
Compressed air efficiency rating for smaller systems
EECA’s Air Efficiency Rating Scheme (AERS) offers an opportunity for businesses with smaller (single compressor) systems to identify low-cost, easy-to-implement efficiency improvements.
Find out more about the AERS including a list of approved AERS programme partners here.
EECA works closely with the University of Waikato and EMANZ to develop and promote courses on a variety of topics, including compressed air. Keep an eye out for free webinars, and courses aimed at managers and service providers. You can find the current programme on our industrial training courses page.