Small and medium businesses
Small to medium sized businesses typically don't have the resources to commit to energy management that larger companies might. However, energy may still be a sizeable overhead. And there are a number of no and low-cost ways to operate more efficiently, helping reduce costs, increase competitiveness and boost your reputation.
- Read, analyse and monitor your bills
Find out where your business's energy is being used, and how to keep track of it. Getting to grips with the basics will help you to start identifying ways to save.
- Start managing your energy use
Follow our 6-step process to start your energy management journey.
- Get your staff on board
It's vital to get support from around your business to reap the rewards of your efforts.
- Save on your fuel bill
Taking simple measures such as educating staff about good driving practice can help save on your fuel bill.
- Guide to setting up your own Energy Management Programme - Setting up an energy management programme (Part 1) and Key aspects of implementing an energy management programme (Part 2).
- Information on buying and operating equipment
- Energy efficiency information for managing your premises
- Improving the efficiency of your vehicle fleet.
- Find energy professionals who can assist your business, or industry associations that deliver energy efficiency programmes for specific sectors.
- Take a quick online sustainability self-assessment of your business with the Sustainable Business Network. You'll get some useful ideas and recommendations and you could win a 2-hour mentoring session with ecostore founder Malcolm Rand.
- Read the fact sheet on simple ways to boost your bottom line.