Sourcing fuel for schools and commercial buildings
Unlike industrial users, schools and commercial buildings must almost always source their wood fuel from an external source.
A list of suppliers who may be able to supply wood fuel for your organisation can be found on the wood fuel sector profiles section of the Bioenergy Association of New Zealand website. Before contacting a supplier you need to consider your wood fuel type and your wood fuel burning technology (it is very important to know what fuel specifications your combustion unit needs to optimise its capacity and efficiency). Wood pellets are sold by both manufacturers and retailers in 10 or 20kg bags or in bulk (by the one tonne bag or by the truck load).
- How to be energy efficient - Schools
- Wood energy options for schools and commercial buildings
- Cashmere High School heats with clean wood energy
- Mairehau High School boiler replacement case study
- Titoki Healing Centre wood pellet boiler case study
- Rotorua Girls High School case study
- Wood fuel classification guidelines
- BANZ wood fuel sector profiles (www.bioenergy.org.nz)