EECA can help with loans for implementing energy projects in government organisations that have good demonstration value.
Who is eligible?
Crown energy efficiency loans are available for:
- Government departments
- District health boards
- Crown owned companies
- Territorial authorities
- Regional councils
- Public and integrated schools
About the loan
The loan is available for a range of energy efficiency and renewable energy projects.
All applications are evaluated against one another according to the following criteria:
- Payback period
- CO² emission reductions
- How much energy the project saves or is displaced by renewable energy
- Ability of the project to be a demonstration site for other government bodies, communities, and within the private sector
- Co-benefits, such as improving air quality or industry development.
Types of projects funded recently include:
- Energy efficient space heating
- Installation of wood-chip boiler to dry sewerage sludge
Energy efficient lighting.
Crown loans for electric vehicles
EECA is making Crown loans available to help encourage the uptake of electric vehicles (EV) in the public sector. The scheme will cover the price difference between an EV and a conventional vehicle and the cost of installing a recharging point.
How to apply
As the pool of available funds is limited, Crown loans are allocated via funding rounds. The next funding round closes 6 December 2013.
Applications for this funding round must be received by EECA no later than 4pm, 6 December 2013.
Applicants must complete and submit an EECA Crown loan application form and a project cost/benefit analysis on EECA's Crown loan project evaluation form.
To apply, download and complete the following forms:
Send both forms addressed to:
Crown Loans Scheme
PO Box 388
Or courier to:
Crown Loans Scheme
44 The Terrace
Or email to: email@example.com
- Most of the issues that impact on a project's success are in the early stages - the planning and design. Read more about how you can implement successful energy projects.
- We work alongside industry associations and professionals to deliver targeted energy advice for specific sectors' needs