New technologies or system upgrades can help businesses become more energy efficient, boosting profitability and competitiveness. But finding capital to invest in energy efficiency projects isn't always easy.
EECA helps businesses make this capital investment by providing funding for energy-saving technology or renewable energy projects.
EECA has helped numerous businesses invest in technology or system improvements that have provided real efficiency and sustainability benefits. Read some success stories here.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for a project grant, businesses must:
- be prepared to allow information about the project to be publicly available, for case study purposes
- have the capability to deliver the project
- fund at least 60% of the project cost
- allow third-party monitoring and evaluation.
About the grant
The maximum amount of the grant is 40% of the cost of implementing the project, to a maximum of $100,000 per site. The actual amount of any grant approved is dependent on EECA's assessment of the economics of the project and the barriers to its implementation.
Priority will be given to businesses that:
- are able to demonstrate their commitment to energy management by, for example, having an active energy management policy or having completed an energy management assessment within the last 24 months.
To qualify for a grant, a project must:
- have been identified and evaluated through a robust energy audit, feasibility study or other process acceptable to EECA
- be specified by a party or parties with credible comparable project design and implementation expertise
- be economically viable and able to be replicated across other businesses
- have a genuine barrier to the business undertaking it without EECA funding support (e.g. a payback period greater than normally expected of comparable businesses).
Please note, EECA does not provide funding for projects that have already been initiated at the time of application.
How to apply
Download the application form:
Print and send the application form to:
Business Grants Administrator
PO Box 388
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Awarding of grants
Grants are normally awarded through a monthly assessment of applications received before the 20th of each month. Results are generally advised by the middle of the following month.
Please note, EECA's annual project grants budget is limited and once that budget is reached no further grants can be allocated, regardless of the strength of the application.
It is recommended that potential applicants contact the Business Grants Administrator before starting the application process to check grant availability.
- Read some technology success stories from other businesses
- We work alongside industry associations and professionals to deliver targeted energy advice for specific sectors' need.