Fuel management advisor training
Our fuel management advisor (FMA) training helps to build fuel efficiency capability in the transport sector.
This training programme has been designed to increase the knowledge and skills of people working with bus and truck fleets. It will give you the knowledge to identify fuel saving opportunities and implement a fuel saving programme for large fleets. It also provides you with the skills to mentor participants in the EECA BUSINESS fuel efficiency workshops for small to medium fleets.
The FMA training programme consists of:
- a 3-day training course
- mentoring through the first fleet fuel management review
- development of an action plan and implementation of a fuel efficiency programme with a fleet operator
- ongoing support from EECA's fuel management support team following the course.
FMAs can access funding from EECA BUSINESS to help operators improve their fleet's fuel efficiency.
To be eligible for the training you need to meet our selection criteria. You’ll also be interviewed by one of the Transport team at EECA. We need to know about your skills, knowledge and experience, along with details of existing relationships you have with heavy vehicle fleets. We’re particularly keen to provide training for applicants who are based in the South Island, Auckland and Northland regions.
1. Download the fuel management training application form
2. Send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org